LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

April 12, 2013

Identity Thief (2013)

When it's over, is Jason Bateman the new "it" guy in adult comedy? Based on his track record, I think so. I like Bateman, because he pulls off "the average guy" effortlessly. His characters are not totally hot, nor are they complete losers. They are regular guys who end up getting into irregular situations. In Identity Thief, Sandy Patterson (Bateman) travels from Denver to Miami to find the woman (Melissa McCarthy) who has stolen his identity, in hopes of protecting his family and saving his career. The premise sounds dramatic, but it's all comedy. McCarthy keeps the laughs coming with her sassy, no frills approach to poking fun at herself. The two Sandys have good comedic timing, plus a love/hate chemistry that works. The film is unrealistic and improbable, but it's a comedy, so I don't take it too seriously. To be completely honest, I went into this film blindly and walked away with some good laughs. Some films don't need to be analyzed, and this is one of them. 

My rating: 3 out of 5 






No comments:

Post a Comment