LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

March 7, 2013

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012)


When it's over, this is one instance when the film is better than the book. The final installment of the Twilight series concludes with Bella (Kristen Stewart) becoming a vampire, the introduction of Edward's (Robert Pattinson) and Bella's daughter, Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy), and a confrontation with a group of powerful vampires known as the Volturi. The film delivers the climatic action where the book failed to satisfy by cleverly using Alice's (Ashley Greene) psychic abilities to show the battle sequences. This is not a stand alone film, as the story and characters build from the previous four films. I highly recommend viewing the previous films prior to watching BD - Part 2. I am glad the filmmakers chose to keep the same actors for 99% of the cast. Watching the familiar faces from film one to film five helped me to build a connection with the individual characters. It really felt like a complete saga. There were no noteworthy performances, and I was not expecting any, since the story does not encompass any serious drama, nor does it have a track record for fine acting. I thought by the fifth film, the make up and hair department would have gained some experience on how to manage the character's appearance, including Aro's (Michael Sheen) hair. In all honesty, I watched this film mainly to complete the series. This is an appropriate end to the Twilight saga as I bid farewell to the Cullens, Volturis, wolf packs, Jacob, Edward, and Bella Swan.  

My rating: 2.5 out of 5





No comments:

Post a Comment