LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

August 2, 2012

Tomorrow, When the World Began (Australia - 2010)


When it’s over, I’m 50/50 on this film.  I’m at a disadvantage since I haven’t read the young adult series (total of 7 books by John Marsden) in which this film is based on.  TWTWB is the first book , thus, the first film with subsequent books already greenlit for the big screen in Australia.  Set in rural Australia, seven teens venture on a secluded camping trip only to find upon their return that their town and homes have come under siege.  They band together and bear arms to take back their homes and to fight for freedom.  I liked the film for its honesty by the way it showed each teen coping with the sudden threat in their lives in differing ways, defining their characters as the story unfolded.  What I didn’t like about the film was where it ended.  The film felt unfinished, like there was more to come.  I didn’t feel a finality to the film as I would other book series made into films.  The film ended with the destruction of the bridge, which was odd, because I didn't feel the bridge was the main focus of the film and wasn't introduced into the story until midway.  I felt the story was more about saving the families, and was disappointed when that aspect was left open.  However, despite my split feelings for this film, I’m curious to see how the film series will develop and would take time out to see it when released. 

My rating: 3 out of 5








No comments:

Post a Comment