LEAVE A COMMENT

December 31, 2013.

This blog is now closed. After three years and 311 posts, I have decided to end this blog. I have enjoyed watching the films, reviewing them, and interacting with global readers.

If you are interested in contacting me, you can do so by commenting on any of the posts. The blog will remain live on the web.
Thank you to all the readers for your comments, ideas, and thoughts. They were helpful, stimulating, and enriching. This is Alene, signing off.

May 12, 2012

Love Begins (2011)


When it's over, I have one word to describe this film - wholesome.  This is the type of film I go to when I need a break from sex, guns, violence, and the four letter word.  Love Begins is one of countless films based on Jeanette Oke's award winning book series, Love Comes Softly, about frontier life in the United States.  The formulated plot is like a patented outline that only requires a filling in the blanks.  There’s no guesswork on the part of the viewer.  The predictability offers a sense of knowing that the story will end on a positive note, and sometimes, when I need that lift, predictable is good.  This film will most likely appeal to fans of Little House on the Prairie as the story shares similarities in female voice, Christian faith, and the discovery of the goodness in people.  There’s nothing extravagant about this made for TV film.  The acting is so-so, and the sets are decent.  I liked this film because, it was the right film at the right time, and being a fan of the series, I had no expectations and knew exactly what I was getting.


My rating:  3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment